Sunday, October 14, 2018

Collector Figures of Bavarians from 1683 till 1918

As mentioned before I have enjoyed collecting and painting (and having professionally painted) a number of 54mm and larger sized figures for my wargames room display.  Here are some better examples as I was dusting up and getting ready for our next campaign - the Nine Years War.

The first group are 54mm figures by the firm of Hecker and Goros who have a special fondness for all things Bavarian.  These examples were painted for me by the now defunct Siam Painting Service to their Collector Standard back in the early 2000's.  You can see how they followed the plates by Anton Hoffman very closely with some of these figures.




The next grouping are from various manufacturers mostly painted by Fernando Painting Service to Collector Standard.



I have tried for a few individual shots for better details:




Now some 54mm flat figures by Glorious Empires that were painted for me by Claudia Hoffmann during the years she ran her flat shop in Nurnburg in the Marktplatz by the Dom.  These are the Locatelli Hussars from the Max Emanuel period and very striking sculpts indeed.



And then some flats that I painted myself back in the day showing various uniforms from the Max Emanuel period.  These are from 54mm to 120mm and the last one was done as a self portrait of myself in the uniform of a slightly overweight and world weary Officer of the Staff circa 1800 or thereabouts.







You all recognized the Baron von Munchausen in the preceding picture I am sure.  I just couldn't capture it at night from the ramparts with my camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment